However, after searching the go url web for a while I just can’t seem to find any stock ROMs that are for CP8722_U00, only for CP8722_S00 which I assume is probably incompatible. Rooting is an
However, after searching the go url web for a while I just can’t seem to find any stock ROMs that are for CP8722_U00, only for CP8722_S00 which I assume is probably incompatible. Rooting is an important process that must be done to Android device, so you can backup the system data or stock ROM so as to keep the same way the device works as before. With a rooted device, you have no restriction to download an APP. If you haven’t had your device rooted, KingoRoot is a good choice for you. Users would be heartbroken if their Android device was lost or stolen, and all the photos, text messages, contacts, and other valuable data were gone for good. You can prevent that disastrous scenario by backing up the device via copying the data from a SD card with an USB connected to a computer or uploading to cloud.
- Alternatively, you can download the MediaTek USB driver from reputable websites like AndroidMTK.com or XDA Developers forum.
- You need to load scatter file for MTK based device for functioning.
- It makes flashing ROMs and making backups so much quicker and easier.
- These recoveries can create a complete backup of your system image including your data, settings, and applications.
- You also get the flexibility to customize pretty much everything in the ROM.
Now if you want to flash Custom ROM or any flashable zip files then you must have a custom recovery installed on your phone. The reason why we use TWRP over other custom recoveries is the simplicity and the availability of the image file. Extracting the Boot.img file is time-consuming and requires some effort. Every smartphone brand has a unique firmware format, and the boot.img location on a firmware might also change. Many OEMs, like as Google and Motorola, enable users to extract boot.img files straight from their firmware.
- But if your device is messed up and your recovery is gone you might panic, thinking you didn’t back it up so there’s nothing to restore.
- If you are looking for stability, I would recommend LineageOS, especially for older devices.
- Android File Transfer is the way to go when you want to back up your Android phone to your Mac computer.
- Every device has a stock recovery installed for this reason, but it has no user-accessible functions.
Once the process is done, you can head to the Helium app. Browse the applications in the “Backup” tab and select the ones that you want to backup. Finally, tap on BACKUP and choose the backup destination. You can either simply back up the application on the Internal storage, or add a cloud storage account (G Drive, Dropbox, and Box). The most competent method to backup applications on your non-rooted Android is through Helium.
You can choose any destination from the list without having to worry about the process. As soon as you select the destination, the backup automatically starts. After installation, you need to launch the app on your android device.